Order of Battle
Formation of the 13th (Heavy) Company
In May 1943 the 4th Company was redesignated the 13th (Heavy) Company, SS Panzer Regiment Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, with its strength being raised slightly. The reserve tank that had been present in the previous 4th Company formation was reassigned, and with two further Tigers also being added took the strength of each of the three platoons to five vehicles each. Along with the two command vehicles and the five Panzer IIIs of the 4th (Light) Platoon, the unit now consisted of seventeen tigers and five Panzer IIIs.
The 13th (Heavy) Company, 1. SS Pz. Rgt. LSSAH as at 05.07.1943
New turret numbers were also assigned in line with the unit designation change; the turret of each vehicle now carried a four-figure number, composed of '13' (the Company designation) followed by the platoon and individual vehicle numbers in slightly smaller characters. The lead vehicle in each of the three Tiger platoons was assigned the number 1, which meant the lead vehicle of the 3rd Platoon - commanded by Michael Wittmann - was assigned the turret number 1331. The Tigers also sported a new two-tone tan and green summer camouflage. The Panzer IIIs of the 4th (Light) Platoon also carried four-figure turret numbers, but with the '13' being followed by '00' (lead vehicle), '10', '20', '30' and '40' respectively.